Returns and Cancellations
We hope there is never a need for you to return or cancel your order but, if the situation does arise, please take note of our following terms and conditions – they will tell you what to do in the event that something has gone wrong with your order. This page also contains our terms regarding Events Outside Our Control.
For full details on our Shipping and Delivery procedures, visit our Shipping Info page.
- You can email us at [email protected] to cancel an order. Please do this within 24 hours of placing your order. On some occasions, orders may be dispatched within that 24 hour period – if this happens we may need to discuss the next steps with you further. Our office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- If you wish to partially cancel an order, for example if you wish to cancel one bottle from a two bottle order, you must contact us at [email protected] You will probably have to cancel your order then reorder afterwards. You must do this before the order is dispatched. Once your order is dispatched, your order will be subject to our Returns procedures as detailed in later points on this page.
- Should you wish to amend your order in any other way please email us at [email protected] and make it clear what you want to do. You must do this before the order is dispatched. Once your order is dispatched, your order will be subject to our Returns procedures as detailed in later points on this page.
- We cannot, and will not, facilitate direct exchanges. If you wish to cancel your order and purchase another product, this will have to be done via a new order.
- You always have the right to cancel your order during this 24 hour time period (mentioned in point 1) other than for personalised products that we cannot repurpose.
- If you have received your order and are unhappy with any of the products ordered, we will refund your money provided that you inform us of your intention to return the products within 3 days of your order being delivered.
- You must return an order to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the order. You must send the item(s) back to us – the return address can be found below.
- Please include the order paperwork which you received from us when you return the order to allow us to identify your order. If you cannot include the paperwork, for whatever reason, please make sure you include a note that shows your name, address and order number.
- Please check your order immediately upon its arrival for any damage – do not accept delivery if it appears damaged when it arrives.
- If you wish to reject an order you must let us know that you are rejecting the order and return that item to the address given below. Please contact us immediately to let us know – [email protected]
- If you are claiming the order is in some way faulty or damaged we will require photographic proof it was faulty\damaged before you opened it.
- Do not break the seal on any item you believe to be faulty or damaged. This may impact your ability to receive a refund.
- If you are issued a refund for an order, this refund will include the postage costs.
- In the event that an order has to be returned, the appropriate refund will be issued once the order has arrived back at our warehouse in Campbeltown.
- Refunds may take up to 10 business days to be processed but usually happen sooner.
- If the order has to be returned to us for reasons other than the order being damaged, the order being delivered to an incorrect address, or the order containing incorrect items, then we will not be able to refund the delivery fee for the returned item(s).
- Other than in the scenarios mentioned in point 16, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the order to us. If an order is faulty, not as described, or where we have delivered the wrong product, we will refund the delivery charge you incur in returning it to us.
- If a scenario arises which does not match the descriptions of events listed in points 16 + 17, and you wish to discuss return options and a potential refund please email [email protected] as we may be willing to discuss solutions on a case by case basis. However, this should not be interpreted as a guarantee of a refund.
- We will reduce (potentially to zero) the value of the part of your refund which relates to the cost of the item(s) to reflect any reduction in the value of the order if this has been caused by your handling it in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
- We will reduce (potentially to zero) the value of the part of your refund which relates to the cost of the item(s) to reflect any reduction in the value of the order which results from damage to the order which occurs when it is being returned to us.
- Please note: as highlighted in point 4, goods that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements, may be non-refundable unless faulty. Where orders are personalised or unique, we will take reasonable steps to confirm the details of the order before it is shipped.
- We want all our customers to receive their orders in perfect condition so if you think there is a fault with an item you have received, please let us know straight away by contacting us. We will aim to resolve any issue with a faulty item as quickly as possible but we need you to tell us as soon as you discover the fault so we can resolve the issue for you.
- We would advise you to take a photograph of the item you believe to be faulty immediately, while touching the item as little as possible, as our team will almost always request photographic proof.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order, refuse to deliver an order and/or inform law enforcement agencies in circumstances where we consider that you are attempting to obtain an item using fraudulent means, to commit any other type of fraud or to otherwise break the law.
If you have any questions regarding refunds, cancellations or returns that is not addressed above, please contact [email protected]
Please return items to the address below:
Cadenhead’s Warehouse No4
Springbank Distillery, Well Close, Campbeltown
Tel: +44 (0)1586 555 468
Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. This is also highlighted in our Shipment and Delivery section.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) failure by our carrier or other sub-contractor to deliver the goods (including delays caused by damage or destruction to their vehicles or equipment), strikes or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, any other weather related natural disaster, subsidence, any legal or natural consequences of a pandemic or epidemic, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport, or any disaster or event that was generally considered to be impossible prior to its occurance.
- If an Event Outside Our Control affects the performance of our obligations to you as a customer we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you and we will take reasonable steps to minimise the effect of that event.
- You agree that our obligations to you regarding your order will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel an order affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us on [email protected]. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at your own cost) any item you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges for the item(s) to be sent to you but not the charge for sending it back to us.
- References in this section to an Event Outside Our Control do not include any action which you, the customer, take in order to delay or hinder the processing or delivery of an order. If we consider that you are intending to frustrate or hinder the performance of our obligations (or that you have frustrated or hindered that performance), we may treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. This may also lead to all future orders you place being cancelled or refused.